[pmwiki-users] Mail Post Manual Trigger

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sat Apr 30 14:05:49 CDT 2005

Neil Herber wrote:
> Some of this thread is covered by PITS 358 "Track pages of interest".
> Should we add some of these more recent discussions to it (PITS 358 is
> quite long and rambling now) or should we start a new PITS "Individual
> Mail Post Notifications"?
>
> The current email subject "Mail Post Manual Trigger" doesn't really
> describe the thread well.

Hmm... I looked at that entry, and it seemed to be at a stage that's
incompatible with the mailinglist discussion.

OTOH it really is all about the same issue, so I've started to rehash
the page.

I haven't touched the discussion between Pm and Radu. I think it gets
things backwards, by letting efficiency issues guide the design process
- IMHO, the design should be guided by usability principles first, with
efficiency as a secondardy role. (Efficiency problems are easier to fix
than usability problems - if only because it's easier to diagnose
efficiency problems.)

Regards,
Jo