[pmwiki-users] yet another documentation suggestion ...

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Tue Aug 2 15:31:06 CDT 2005

At 2005-08-02  02:09 PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
> > However, I don't think a PmWiki FAQ is really needed. Any topic that's
> > mentioned in the FAQ could just as well be made into a wiki topic.
>
>Agreed.

OK. How about if I rename the construct I am proposing from FAQ to a series
of wiki pages called:
* All About Groups
* All About Page Names
* etc

The page AllAboutGroups would have content very similar to the
CookbookIndex page:
     AllGroupHeader  - create a page which contains styles and content for
all pages in all groups
     GroupList   - add a list of wiki groups to a page
     LimitWikiGroups   - prevent users from creating new WikiGroups
     OneGroupForAll   - get rid of all groups and links except for "Main"
     PerGroupSubDirectories   - get per-group subdirectories for pages
     UploadGroups   - have uploads associated with individual pages or the
entire site
     GroupHeaders   - common markup included at the beginning or end of
each page within a group
     HierarchicalGroups   - PmWiki does not support hierarchical or nested
groups

The ordering and formatting could be better, but I trust the idea is clear.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668