[pmwiki-users] FAQ Page Layout

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Aug 3 19:20:21 CDT 2005

On Thursday, 4 August 2005 11:48 AM, Neil Herber <nospam at eton.ca> wrote:
>At 2005-08-03  04:04 PM -0700, H. Fox is rumored to have said:
>>     >>question<<
>>     This is a question.
>>     >>answer<<
>>     And an answer.
>>
>>I tried this because I was thinking a switch to the div markup might
>>be a good idea, since it demonstrates the div markup and doesn't
>>interfere with existing Q:/A: markup.
>
>I really like this div markup because it is very easy for an author to read
>in the edit window.
>
>I really don't like the styling with the questions in a box, but if I could
>redefine the CSS selectors, I could make it look like whatever I wanted on
>my wiki without having to touch the original page.

Isn't it a case of redefining the classes for p.question and q.answer?

The MarkupExtensions over-ride the default pmwiki behaviour, so if you are
using that recipe, turn off its Q: and A: markup first (it's the q&a option).
Just looking at the code, I see I ought to make it easier to disable
individual extensions, so you could write $MarkupExtensions['q&a'] = false;
I'll fix it shortly.

BTW, >>question<< would require a change to the PageTableOfContents recipe,
as at the moment it only recognises Q:

--
JR