[pmwiki-users] FAQ Page Layout

H. Fox haganfox at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 22:09:12 CDT 2005

On 8/3/05, Benjamin Wilson <ameen at dausha.net> wrote:
> I would certainly prefer keeping the current Q:/A: mechanism as it is a
> fairly universal approach.
>
> What I've done to "comply" with the standard business practice of FAQs
> is return the "Q:" and "A:" to the markup so they are displayed to the user.

Based on some investigation, I don't think showing the Q: and A: are
standard practice for single-page FAQ pages.  Bold questions and
indented-block answers are much closer to "standard".

> So, I say leave the system in place. If you want different looks and
> feels, then define them via %this%.

That depends on what you mean by "the system".  Certainly wikistyles
should be usable in Q and A blocks.

The current system + wikistyles is not adequate.

Maybe I'm wrong, though.  Can you define the answers on this page via
%this% so they're indented.

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/FAQTemp

If so, is it reasonable to expect authors to use %this% on every
answer rather than have the margin on the left appear automatically?

I'd like it to at least be *possible* to conveniently have the main
common style elements of the four FAQ pages I've linked, which are
* distinctive styling for questions,
* indented blocks for answers, and
* some sort of TOC at the top that links to section headings and and
individual questions with answers.

Hagan