[pmwiki-users] Visble anchors (Re: FAQ Page Layout)

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Thu Aug 4 12:04:16 CDT 2005

At 2005-08-04  06:49 PM +0200, chr at home.se is rumored to have said:
>So in short, I think the FAQ should have visible anchors. As for a link
>that goes back to the TOC, that's useful for those people who don't feel
>like pressing the HOME key... :-)

If the FAQ has a TOC, then the link that the TOC provides points directly
to the (invisible) anchor. In Firefox under Windoze, you can right-click on
a link and select "Copy Link Location" which you then paste into the email.
I hope that all other browsers work the same way.

Having a visible anchor does not provide this facility - rather, it lets
the reader see where the anchor is. (Unless I grossly misunderstand visible
anchors). In a FAQ, the target will always be the question, so a visible
anchor is just redundant page decoration.

I don't use the home key or TOC-link, I spin my scroll wheel! ;-)

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668