[pmwiki-users] FAQ Page Layout

H. Fox haganfox at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 16:22:27 CDT 2005

On 8/4/05, Radu <radu at monicsoft.net> wrote:
> OK for the break marker (unless it will get confused with the closing
> of the div markup)
>
> But why replace the nice-readable A: with a bang? And why do you call
> the answer a heading? (probably I missed some posts, eh? I have like
> 3000 unread ones, slowly moving upwards on the list ;)

That was shorthand.  The bang indicates a heading, not an A:.

Since a Q/A page consists of headings and Q/A pairs, the close of an
A: block (which would be a div with class='answer') would be either

* the next Q: or
* a heading for the next section.

The >><< wold close the A: div if Pm's proposal to have

     A: Some text.

be equivalent to

    >>answer<<
    Some text.

is carried out.  Thus

> >As-discussed, I think a break would be one of:

> >Q: Another question.
> >! A heading. (any number of !'s)

should have been

"These things would mark the end of an answer <div> that was begun
with A: markup:"
"...

Hagan