[pmwiki-users] file upload does not overwrite

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Aug 4 18:52:44 CDT 2005

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 04:42:32PM +0200, Stephan Schildberg wrote:
> I am not sure what you mean, be more explicit to me, please.
>
> http://www.pantechnicon.org/mrf/config.txt . Its quite open.
> What else do you need, what you cannot test?

On a Unix system, files have ownerships as well as permissions.
Any files created by web/PHP scripts typically have the ownerships
of the webserver account, not the person who owns the script.
Thus, knowing the file permissions or settings isn't sufficient
to know who has access; we generally need to know the ownership
also.

This can usually be obtained via the "ls -l" command from either
a shell prompt or from an FTP prompt.