[pmwiki-users] audiences revisited or revised ???

Henrik Bechmann henrik.bechmann at sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 5 08:11:57 CDT 2005

> Joachim Durchholz wrote:

> There are relevant subgroups for several. Let me define the groups:

I agree that the reader would require minimal documentation, though
things like some review of navigation (eg. two-depth level,
next/previous structures), and search techniques, might be useful to
him/her, not to mention general orientation of what a wiki is.

 >>*find* the docs for all markup

There could be a markup index

> If the author copies&pastes some unknown markup to that field and
> clicks the button or link beside it

Search field with scope set to Markup group?

In general I think that if there is going to be an ambitious upgrade to
the documentation (not yet an established goal), the project could be
run in a formal way, beginning with a statement of goals and objectives,
an analysis of audiences, technical specs for the structure of the
documentation, etc. And ideally the project would be organized in some
way -- project leader (Pm), sub-groups for sections of the
documentation, etc.

Naturally the project documentation for the documentation project would
be maintained in a wiki (a wiki field?), and developed iteratively and
incrementally. Then specific suggestions like ours could be added
incrementally and eventually merged into coherent designs during the
early phases of the project.

- Henrik

--

Henrik Bechmann