[pmwiki-users] audiences revisited or revised ???

V.Krishn mistyfire at autograf.pl
Fri Aug 5 15:33:19 CDT 2005

> At 2005-08-04  07:17 PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
> >In general I'd prefer to stick with "authors", "admins", and "readers",
> >and perhaps use "all" or "person" when we're referring to someone
> >who could be in any of these roles.  This isn't to say that we
> >can never use the word "user" in the docs, but I'd hate to formalize
> >its usage.
>
> Patrick
>
> I think you will eventually reach the posting I made where I agreed with
> V.Krishn that the audiences should be: readers, authors, and admins. A
> collective noun to describe them all could be "users" - it rolls off the
> tongue a little easier than "audiences".
Not an old concept i.e - "document centric" approach.

The author is reading the advanced docs.
.... and the advanced author is reading the docs.
..scratch... scratch.... I think I would go with the first one. ;-)

Now we also need to decide as what would be the generic format to use on
pages, alongwith the class or id anchors.
We can always define the styles later. Presently, all we need are placeholders
to start with.
I mean do we use:
div, span or table (or ul), to insert them?
and is id=user and id=level appropriate ?

Suggestions:
1.
%block rfloat%%id=user%User: Reader,Author \\
%id=level%Level: Basic%%

2.
>>rfloat<<%id=user%User: Reader,Author \\
%id=level%Level: Basic%%