[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Inter-map prefix for gmane articles?

V.Krishn mistyfire at autograf.pl
Fri Aug 5 17:49:36 CDT 2005

> > > Can you refer to individual posts there? Entire threads?
> > >
> > > /Christian
> >
> > http://www.pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2005-August/016191.html
>
> Ok, so far so good. However, how do you find out what the link is for a
> particular mail? I couldn't find a way to search the archive? Do you have
> to use google for that?
>
> Anyway, as long as I can find out what the number is for a particular mail
In what way this would be helpful?
> I don't care if we use gmane or pmichaud.com (btw, shouldn't that be
> pmwiki.org?)
>
> /Christian
>
> PS. As a sidenote, I don't have this problem with gmane because the number
> is in the header of each post when I read it.
Lets say I am reading an article, then I come across a reference link and then
I looked at my watch thinking ah! I have time to read this reference.
I click the reference link to open in new window......jiffely read the
stuffs....... rather scan it top-bot as I already have a brief idea what it
talks about trying to spot something new. Close the window. ....DONE
....Now I come back to original article... see my watch again.... hmmm.. I
think I have a little more time and try to finnish the article first...

I guess this is what a reference from an reader point of veiw means to me.

But from wiki documenter's point of veiw:
I find this more palatable -
pmwiki-news:2005-August/016191.html
than this one -
pmwiki-news:15754

But like I said
Reference is reference. They would still be same.

V.Krishn