[pmwiki-users] Site.AllUploadedFiles (Was: Reader docs (Was: audiences revisited or

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Sat Aug 6 03:55:11 CDT 2005

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Radu wrote:

> At 06:52 PM 8/5/2005, chr at home.se wrote:
> >However, this involves telling the user to append '?action=upload' to an
> >URI - not sure how "nice" that is...
>
> not nice at all.

Still, why wouldn't a reader of a wiki site be interested in looking at
the uploaded files? Maybe he knows the file is there, but can't remember
the exakt name or on which wiki page it was referered to?

OTOH, this might indicate a missing functionality in PmWiki... perhaps
there should be a better way of gettng a list of uploaded files. What if
we created a page

	Site.AllUploadedFiles

which lists all the uploaded files on the site (possibly assuming that
this is ok given security reasons). In this case we could then simply tell
a reader that if you're looking for an uploaded file, go take a look
there.

I'm not quite sure how Site.AllUploadedFiles should look. It might be able
to use some kind of (:pagelist ...:) that produces links with
?action=upload appended. Or we might be able to use (:attachlist ...:)

/Christian