[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Undesired space combined with (:if ...:)

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 14:11:10 CDT 2005

On 8/7/05, chr at home.se <chr at home.se> wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Aug 2005, Dominique Faure wrote:
> Slightly related, I'm somewhat annoyed that something like
>
>         * Item A
>         (:include PageThatDoesNotExist:)
>         * Item B
>
> causes a vertical space. I've been having some annoying problems with
> whitespace, includes and definition of wiki styles lately so I'd
> definitely have use for a swallow-vspace-operator... See

Me too -- the skin furniture wikipages (e.g. Site.ActionList)
inevitably have vspaces where no such things are required or desired.
This happens in regular wikipages too, but it's a lot less annoying in
them.  My admittedly imperfect solution is to class the divs
containing the skin furniture with "novspace", and then use this
stylesheet:

/* LAYOUT: OVERRIDES: NO VSPACE */
/* forces the browser to pretend that the vspace paragraphs PmWiki
inserts aren't there, but only in certain parts of the page -- mostly
parts that are pulled from Pukka's configuration wikipages */

.novspace p.vspace {
	display:none !important;
	}

It's done as an on-by-default override so that it's easy to turn off.

Bronwyn