[pmwiki-users] Link to Category becomes a member of this category

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Aug 8 14:00:32 CDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 04:23:06PM +1200, John Rankin wrote:
> The problem is that AFAIK using link= finds references to
>
> [[Category/2005]]
>
> as well as
>
> [[!2005]]
>
> To solve the nesting problem, I think one can use:
>
> (:pagelist '[[!{$Name}]]' list=normal:)

This can miss some category links, however (e.g., where the
category was specified with spaces in the name).  Eventually we're
likely to have a category=Name option to (:pagelist:) that
correctly handles category links.

In the meantime, the workaround is either '[[!{$Name]]' as above
or to use link= and don't use page links such as [[Category/2005]]
if you don't want the page to be included in the category.  Using
"link=" results in much faster generation of the category page.