[pmwiki-users] View modes

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 15:12:12 CDT 2005

On 8/9/05, Neil Herber <nospam at eton.ca> wrote:
> In particular for the "display" or "stealth" view, you will probably want
> to configure the wiki with clean URLs that omit the phrase "wiki",
> otherwise the stealth activity will be revealed by the address bar.
>
> If you accept this premise, then the views become a bit more than just the
> functions provided by the skin.

Though display view is an important component that we didn't really
have before, I've found that having a truly stealthy and secure wiki
requires changes to several areas:
- passwords
- clean URLs
- view or skin that doesn't exhibit wiki controls to uninitiated

My strategy was going to be a cookbook recipe that gives an overview
of what to do and directs people to the appropriate docs.

Bronwyn