[pmwiki-users] new default skin

H. Fox haganfox at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 16:39:08 CDT 2005

On 8/10/05, Sebastian Siedentopf <schlaefer at macnews.de> wrote:

> Am 10.08.2005 um 21:17 schrieb Patrick R. Michaud:
>
> > On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 03:11:45PM -0400, Neil Herber wrote:
> >
> >> I just noticed that the page titles are selflinks with no
> >> indication that
> >> they are links. Why do they need to be links at all?
> >>

> > They don't, and now they aren't.
> >

> I find it is very convenient to drag the bookmark from the biggest
> (read easiest to spot) target on the page: the huge title selflink.

This one-shot convenience for the rare bookmarking experience comes at
the expense of having potentially befuddling hyperlinks that don't go
anywhere on every page of the site.

Long ago I learned that self-links are among the "top web design
mistakes".  They obviously bother me more than they bother most
people.

I was using the Big Title Link  -- but only in lieu of the cancel
button on the edit page (on which the link wasn't self-referring).
Something similar can be provided by modifying the Edit Form.

Hagan