[pmwiki-users] new default skin

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Thu Aug 11 01:48:58 CDT 2005

I was not going to mention this ('cos everyone's entitled to their
own opinion on how their site should look), but I see Pm is looking
for feedback, so here I go:

I went today a couple of times to pmwiki.org and I concluded that
everyone's using screen resolutions bigger than mine. That's because
the font size of the content recently exploded.

I tend to like to see more stuff at once on a page, so I can scan it
faster (and so I can refer back when I need to without having to
chafe my scrollwheel finger ;)

So: how about we link the font sizes into the screen resolution? The
smaller the screen, the smaller the font size... I used to have
somewhere the name of the DOM properties that point to the screen
sizes, but I can't seem to find them.

Does someone else have them handy or do I dig deeper in my archives?

tia,
Radu

At 05:25 PM 8/10/2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> > * font size is a little to small

>I found the long sequences of underlines to be a bit overwhelming
>in the sidebar -- "too much ink".  So, I took them out -- we can
>still work on alternate renderings, however.

O,yea. One of those staples of html: the underline ornament for
hyperlinks is something many people look for in order to know where
the possible jumps are. Especially since the links in the content are
still underlined, it makes for a bit of inconsistency.

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)