[pmwiki-users] new default skin

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 13:23:32 CDT 2005

On 8/11/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 10:43:14PM -0400, Bronwyn Boltwood wrote:
> > But, in this case, it's perfectly safe to use ems for the sidebar,
> > since the layout table will make sure that the cells for the sidebar
> > and the content columns don't overlap.
>
> In another message John Rankin writes:
> >> A small suggestion: move the foot commands right so that they align with
> >> the left margin of the page text.
>
> Note that John's suggestion is easy to do if the sidebar width is
> specified in pixels, and nearly impossible to do (accurately) if
> the sidebar width is specified in ems.

I see your point.  Another way out of the problem would be to either
center the footer text, or right-align it, and then no math or pixels
are required.  What is more important: having a sidebar that enlarges
with the text within it, or having the footer text just so?  It's your
decision to make.

Bronwyn