[pmwiki-users] Re: what is the best way to clear out spammer droppings

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 14:12:45 CDT 2005

> Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:08:48 -0400
> From: Neil Herber <nospam at eton.ca>
> Subject: [pmwiki-users] what is the best way to clear out spammer
>         droppings??
> To: "pmwiki users" <pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com>
>
> Now that the blocklist is working again and our recent spammer has been
> slowed down (stopped??), what is (are)  the best way(s) to remove their
> droppings?

I would think that a script that detects many added links that on a
page that lack approval would be a sure fire way to detect.

The next step would be to remove the entry--not just restore from a
previous version, but to eradicate the spam dropping from the page's
history.

--
Ben Wilson
" Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur"