[pmwiki-users]SEO: Avoiding Headings in the SideBar

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Aug 14 13:40:15 CDT 2005

Sunday, August 14, 2005, 7:12:56 PM, Sebastian wrote:
> In my opinion it is especially important for new users and part of
> the ease of use that the sidebar is no complex special magic page but
> a normal wiki page. Want a header or list? - Just do as you always do.

I agree on ease of use, especially for new wiki authors.

If <h1> is not good because of search engine optimisation,
maybe <h2> or <h3> will be sufficient.
Anything bigger than !!!! I find hard to use (count) :).

I liked to style different headers in different sizes, even in the
sidebar, if ever so slightly.
So for the moment, to accomodate the <h5> on use on pmwiki.org, and
likely to catch on, since it will be distributed on the default
sidebar, I defined three sizes for sidebar headers; !, !! and !!!, and
Is this a reasonable approach, or do I need to rethink this?

Best,
~Hans