[pmwiki-users] Skins documentation

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Aug 14 15:28:47 CDT 2005

I'm having trouble coming up with good documentation for skins
in PmWiki.  Currently we have PmWiki.LayoutBasics and
PmWiki.LayoutAdvanced; I think perhaps these should be revised
into a PmWiki.Skins page that describes how skins are used.

The page needs to be readable by new administrators; it's not
necessary that a new administrator be able to design a skin
from scratch, but there needs to be enough information that
an admin can figure out
   - what a skin is
   - how to change PmWiki to use a different skin
   - pointers to instructions on modifying or creating skins

Of course the page should have pointers to the downloadable skins
in the Cookbook, and we can even put some skin design guidelines
here or in the cookbook.

Since we have a number of excellent skin designers here, perhaps
someone could draft up some initial text for this page?  It doesn't
have to be polished -- just give us something to work with.

Thanks!