[pmwiki-users] (:include:) like <!--wiki:put_your_pagenames_here-->

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 23:45:49 CDT 2005

I'm having trouble creating an (:include:) that works similarly to a
<!--wiki:put_your_pagenames_here--> call.

I'm using

	<!--wiki:$Group.PukkaSideBar $SiteGroup.PukkaSideBar Site.PukkaSideBar-->

in Pukka's template to create the sidebar, and then in
Site.PukkaSideBar, I have

	[assorted skin furniture]

	(:include {$Group}.SideBar {$SiteGroup}.SideBar Site.SideBar:)

	[more assorted skin furniture]

The idea being that this would improve speed while allowing me to
insert skin furniture at either end of the sidebar, without requiring
admins to overwrite their existing sidebars.

At first I thought it worked perfectly, but testing shows that it
works fine in the groups Site and Wanted, presumably because
Site.SideBar and Wanted.SideBar exist.  It does not work in any other
group; the contents of {$SiteGroup}.SideBar or Site.SideBar (same page
in the test wiki) are not included.

My best guesses for what is going wrong are that (:include:) doesn't
do alternative pages, or that I wrote the (:include:) wrong.  If
(:include:) doesn't currently do sequential options the way that
<!--wiki:put_your_pagenames_here--> does, is there a reason that it
can't or shouldn't?

Bronwyn