[pmwiki-users] Re: (:include:) like <!--wiki:put_your_pagenames_here-->

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Aug 18 14:28:44 CDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 01:26:04PM -0500, Chris Cox wrote:

> IMHO, would be nice to have a pagelist/search option that includes
> the first so many lines (e.g. like an include of pages) of each
> file.  This allows for an easy news-like page that can gather
> the 1st so many lines together from the pages returned by
> a qualified pagelist.

This was discussed a couple of months ago and I'm planning to
do it -- I just haven't gotten around to implementing it.

It's basically a special fmt= option -- essentially

    (:pagelist group=MyBlog order=-time fmt=include lines=1..10:)

or something like that.  There would probably also be something like
a fmt=publish option, so that

    (:pagelist trail=MyTrail fmt=publish:)

returns a sequential list of pages with appropriate page/heading
separators between them.