[pmwiki-users] Using MathML?

Dominique Faure dominique.faure.1 at free.fr
Thu Aug 18 15:13:50 CDT 2005

At Thursday, August 18, 2005 6:37 PM [GMT+1=CET], David Spitzley wrote:

> The only
> problem I'm having is that for some reason square root symbols are
> working incorrectly; I've placed a screenshot at
> http://www.davidaspitzley.org/sqrt.jpg .  Is this a font problem?  When
> I went to the asciimath.js website (
> http://www1.chapman.edu/~jipsen/mathml/asciimathsyntax.html ), a message
> box popped up regarding needing specific fonts, but I can't get it to
> show up again, and in any case square roots are the only part that
> doesn't work.  If I need to, I can probably work around it.

The message was:
To properly display the MathML on this page you need to install the
following fonts:
CMSY10, CMEX10, Math1, Math2, Math4.

For further information see:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/fonts

Installing these fonts will solve the square root

> By the way, I just discovered that there's an error in the purgeqns
> action code:
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: purgepreviousformulaifneeded()
> in d:\wwwsites\davidaspitzleyorg\www\Dissertation\cookbook\asciimath.php
> on line 118

I'll look on this also. Thanks for the bug report.

Regards,
Dom