[pmwiki-users] PageName without Group in the URL and other URL generating issues

Christian Schlatter ch at schlatter.net
Thu Aug 18 17:17:31 CDT 2005

Waylan Limberg wrote:
> That behavior is fine (mostly - see last gripe). What about the main
> products page where all the products are listed? Currently we could do
> something like the following:
> http://example.com/products/all
>
> While that works, I would prefer:
> http://example.com/products

You can set the default "home page" for all groups with the variable

	$DefaultName = 'NewHomePage';

(PmWiki sets $DefaultName = 'HomePage';)

You can also set the default group, which is used if an empty query
string is present:

	$DefaultGroup = 'NewMain';

(PmWiki sets $DefaultGroup = 'Main';)

In your example I would use another page selection feature:

http://example.com/Products gets expanded to

1. ./Products/Products if page Poducts.Products exists
2. ./Products/$DefaultName if page Products.$DefaultName exists

So instead of
	http://example.com/products/all
I would take
	http://example.com/Products/Products,