[pmwiki-users] fixflow searchbox in <pre> ??

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Aug 18 21:22:22 CDT 2005

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 12:42:09AM +0100, Hans wrote:
> I have seen two cases where the searchbox html code is enclosed in
> <pre>..... </pre> tags. I don't know why, and it does not appear on my
> site. Any ideas what may cause this?
> There is a screenshot near the bottom on
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FixFlowSkin-Comments

If the line(s) before the (:searchbox:) tag ended up as preformatted
text, then the searchbox might continue it.  In the screenshots it's
clear that the searchbox is the very first thing in the page, so it
might be something in a GroupHeader that is causing the problem.

(This may be fixed in beta55, btw, where accidental blank lines
are silently removed.)

However, even with the "From:" in place there's a problem in the
I'm guessing the searchbox isn't properly indicating that it's a block.

Hmmm, I just realized something -- up til now I've been trying to figure
out how to get the paragraph formatter to "look inside" of Keep() text
and see if it has a block that should prevent the paragraph.  But now
that I think about it, it seems to me that the correct solution is
for Keep() to check for block markups and set something in the return
value that the paragraph formatter can easily detect.  Then we can
safely use Keep() and not have to worry about it being embedded in
paragraphs.