[pmwiki-users] Spell Check (Javascript / PHP)

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Fri Aug 19 06:25:54 CDT 2005

On Aug 19, 2005, at 1:20 AM, Ciaran wrote:

> There is already a cookbook article open and ready for someone to do
> something like this ;) Unfortunately I've not got the time to do this
> or I would, the alternative client-side 'solutions' are not really
> suitable as I would like a cross-browser solution without requiring my
> users to install anything ;)
> - Ciaran

The demo works fine in Safari.

I've downloaded the code but I guarantee that I'll take a while to
get to it.  Still moving :/  So if anyone's going to take it up,
please start a Cookbook page (with an in-progress notice) and maybe
this could be a collaborative effort.

The problem with the ajax spell checker is that it requires pspell.
I would assume that's not standard.

I just ran a test on OS X (non-server) and it's installed

I created a file named pspellcheck.php:

<?php

if(!function_exists('pspell_suggest')){
echo "Hello pspell user!";
} else {
echo "Bummer!  No pspell!";}
?>

And my browser came up with "Hello pspell user!"

Anyone else want to give it a try?  How common is this module in php
installations?

Crisses
--
Language is inadequate to speak to souls...it's like struggling with
incompetent tools when *everything* of *REAL* importance is at