[pmwiki-users] Re: (:include:) like <!--wiki:put_your_pagenames_here-->

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 21:34:59 CDT 2005

On 8/19/05, Hans <design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> Friday, August 19, 2005, 8:06:49 PM, Bronwyn wrote:
> So you need to write (:if exists Group.Name:)
> Sorry I wrote (:if exist ....

Don't worry; I didn't catch it either.

> > (:if exist {$Group}.SideBar:)(:include {$Group}.SideBar:)
> This can be replaced simply with
>    (:include {$Group}.SideBar:)
> since the include will only include the group's SideBar if there is
> one :)
> > (:if !exist {$Group}.SideBar:)(:include {$SiteGroup}.SideBar:)
> > (:if !exist {$SiteGroup}.SideBar:)(:include Site.SideBar:)
> I think the last line should go.
> If there is a Group.SideBar then $SiteGroup.SideBar will not be
> included, fair enough.
> But if a $SiteGroup.SideBar does not exist, Site.SideBar will be
> included, regardless if  a Group.SideBar exists.

I played with it some more after fixing the spelling errors. and it
still has some strange problems, like not showing the included content
at all if on a sidebar page.  I've got enough other things to do with
this skin that it's just not worth the debugging.  So I'll be sticking
with SideBarTop and SideBarBottom as an easy way to add stuff to the
sidebar without breaking the local version.  After all, if anything at
all gets customized, it's usually the sidebar.

But thank you very much for the help!

Bronwyn