[pmwiki-users] Dropped class= Atrribute in Search Form

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 00:58:34 CDT 2005

On 8/22/05, H. Fox <haganfox at gmail.com> wrote:
> Pm, will you please replace  the class='wikisearchbox' attribute?

I second this, and request that the searchbox generated by
(:searchbox:) acquire a style hook too.  It's really really helpful,
because both the searchbox and the submit button beside it are input
elements, so a rule like

form.wikisearch input {width:12em;}

makes both the box and the button 12em wide.  This is not the desired effect.

You could use width:auto on the button -- which I think might have its
own style hook? -- to counter this side effect, but that is not
intuitive.  It took 2 days of IE bugfixing for it to occur to me just
now.  And if it took me this long to think of it, no CSS novice is
likely to.

Bronwyn