[pmwiki-users] Raw page formatting and layout

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Tue Aug 23 11:20:49 CDT 2005

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 10:04:15AM -0500, David Sovinski wrote:
> Hello, where is the documentation about the wiki page header info? What
> each field means and which field are mandatory? I want to be able to
> interpret the page looking at it with a ASCII editor.
>
> I will have about 1100 pages to add to my site from documents. I'd like
> to create and format them to be wiki pages with a program I'm writing
> and then ftp them to the wiki.

If, as I suspect, you're talking about the file format of the files that
pmwiki saves, I don't think that there is any documentation regarding
the fields. If I had to guess though, I'd think that the important
ones to have initially are: newline, text, and perhaps time.  Once
you've got those, pmwiki should be able to deal with them just fine.

I just did a little experiment with pmwiki2.0.beta54 and it looks like
what I said above works.  I created a page that has only the following
3 lines:

newline=²
text=This is a test
time=1124813815

And I am able to view,edit,etc the page. If you leave out the time field
when you attempt to edit the page, upon saving it says "The page you are
editing has been modified since you started editing it..."

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
duff at pobox.com