[pmwiki-users] Editing the Site.SideBar

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Aug 24 15:50:27 CDT 2005

On 8/24/05, Phil Seyer <weddingdj at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a new pmwiki user.  The default home page has a Site.SideBar with a lot
> of PmWiki stuff, which is nice, but I would like to edit those items on the
> left to make them my own.  When I try to do so, I'm asked for a password.
> What do I do?
>
> My site is:
>
> http://www.lovemusiclovedance.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php

In the current version the password is "locked".  You only need to set
an admin password (which you should probably do anyway).  Add the
following to your local/config.php file.

$DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt('yourpassword');

If you don't have a config.php file yet, create one that looks like this:

<?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
$DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt('yourpassword');

(Be sure to use your own password!)

See also:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/FAQ#pwlocked

Hagan