[pmwiki-users] Mixed case always changing to a link.

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Aug 25 19:05:53 CDT 2005

On Friday, 26 August 2005 11:57 AM, H. Fox <haganfox at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>On 8/25/05, Robin Hills <robin at bitbybitsystems.ca> wrote:
>> Phil Seyer wrote:
>>
>> > Sometimes I want to use mixed case in a discussion without having it
>> > turn into a link. For example, the name...
>> >
>> >           McKenzie
>> >
>> > ..automatically changes to a link.  How can I stop this?
>>

>> Use the escape sequence, like so:
>>
>>     [=McKenzie=]
>>
>> If you have the extendmarkup script installed, you can use the back-tick
>> like so:
>>
>>    `McKenzie
>
>The backtick also works without the extendedmarkup script
>installed.
>
>If you want to require specifically [[linking]] the word McKenzie, use
>the following in  your config.php:
>
>    $WikiWordCount['McKenzie'] = 0;

If you have many Scottish or Irish names, you can add a markup to
catch them all automatically. Something like the following:

Markup('mc','<`wikiword','/`?\\b(Ma?c[[:upper:]][[:lower:]]+)\\b/e',
    "Keep('$1')");

This says: before evaluating escaped wikiwords, look for words
starting with Mac or Mc followed by an uppercase letter and
put them to one side so they don't get wikified. It also loses
any backticks people might have entered.

--
JR