[pmwiki-users] meta tags

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 25 22:37:15 CDT 2005

On 8/25/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 06:22:07PM -0700, Phil Seyer wrote:
> >    Documentation says:
> >
> >    <!--HeaderText ?--> This directive allows PmWiki to insert appropriate
> >    meta tags into the <head> section of the HTML output (used to control
> >    indexing by search engines). PmWiki will also check for the existence of
> >    relevant CSS files in pub/css; $Group.css and $Group.$Name.css will be
> >    included here if they exist.
> >
> >    Can anyone give more step-by-step directions.  For example,
> >
> >    Insert a line like the following...
> >    <!-- HeaderText <meta NAME="keywords" CONTENT="Sacramento Wedding DJ,
> >    Wedding DJ San Francisco"> ?-->
> >
> >    into ....<what?)
>
> The <!--HeaderText--> marker is used in skin templates -- i.e., for
> those who may be creating a new "skin" for PmWiki.
>
> If you have a page where you want to have keywords generated in
> the output, use the following markup in a page:
>
>    (:keywords Sacramento Wedding DJ, Wedding DJ San Francisco:)

If you want the keywords on every page, add the following to your
config.php file:

$HTMLHeaderFmt = '
Francisco" /> ';

(That was on two lines, btw.)
(Also, I switched the tag from HTML to XHTML.)

If  you have a group, say DanceMusic, that you want the meta tag to
appear in, you have a couple of options...

Create a file in local/ with the group name, e.g. "DanceMusic.php",
that looks like this:

<?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
$HTMLHeaderFmt = '
Francisco" /> ';

or, possibly better,

Create a page called DanceMusic.GroupHeader and include the
aforementioned (:keywords:) markup line

(:keywords Sacramento Wedding DJ, Wedding DJ San Francisco:)

Hagan