[pmwiki-users] Re: Persistant Spam even with blocklist

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Aug 29 10:25:40 CDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 02:32:46PM +0000, Bob Atkins wrote:

> I know 1.0.11 is something of an old version, so there may be issues there. I
> don't think version 2 is out of beta yet, or if there will be an easy upgrade
> path.

In reviewing the 1.0.11 code it looks as though it's possible for
people to bypass the various blocklist recipe(s) by using
?action=post directly, which was left in for backwards compatibility
with previous versions of PmWiki.

Try adding the following to the very beginning of your config.php:

    if ($action == 'post') $action='edit';

I think that should force all posts through the blocklist.