[pmwiki-users] Is there a way to create clickable (linked) table cells?

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Mon Aug 29 10:42:29 CDT 2005

Monday, August 29, 2005, 4:28:55 PM, Patrick wrote:
>> I'd like to use some kind of markup to allow a whole
>> table cell to become a clickable link.  Any ideas?

> How would one do it in pure HTML?  I can then give you the
> markup.  :-)

I don't think you can. A cell or a table is just a container like a
div, and you can't give it an href= .
What you could do is use javascript and use an onclick event for a
table cell. But you also would perhaps need a onmouseover event to
change some color or the cursor, since otherwise you won't know that
you are over a clickable cell.

The easiest would be to use an image in a table cell, wrapped in <a>
tags. Or wrap the text in <a> tags and style these anchors in tables
so it looks not too bad, i.e. remove underlining and coloring.

Best,
~Hans