[pmwiki-users] Guestbook not working in my configuration with Per Group Subdirectories

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Mon Aug 29 16:27:34 CDT 2005

As you said, PmWiki uses quite a bit of php wizardry. So either you
choose a different project to learn php before you delve in pmwiki,
or jump straight in at pmwiki.php, while using the well hyperlinked
chm php docs (see the php.net docs pages for this)

Just gloss over the stuff you don't understand, it will make sense
later. Really! :)

Then try looking at the pmwiki docs, pay attention to the Advanced
ones, go on to simple recipes (the ones that ask you to paste a few
lines of code in a config file), then go on to a more complex recipe or two.

And finally you may be ready to tackle your own recipe. (that may
happen way before this point, but I was just being thorough)

As you go, you may want to keep in mind Pm's development philosophy
for PmWiki (available in the docs)

Hope that helps.
Radu

At 01:26 PM 8/29/2005, David Sovinski wrote:
>The difficulty with this method of learning here is that pmWiki is
>well on it's way as a project and it's waaaaay beyond beginner's
>stage. So I need a starting point.
>Not sure where that is yet :-)
>
>If anyone has a specific starting point to suggest to begin my quest
>please feel free to make suggestions!!!

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)