[pmwiki-users] blocked edits

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Aug 29 22:12:02 CDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 05:05:02PM -0400, Radu wrote:
> This is mostly for Pm, but I'll get any advice I can get :)
>
> It may help if when an edit is rejected, the reason is better
> documented on the returning page. For example, every now and then on
> my test wiki I get edits returned to me whatever I do. Cancer,
> refresh, delete flock, verify wiki.d chmod, anything I do gets me the
> edit box back with the
> <<<<<<<
> stuff I just added plus older stuff
> =======
> older stuff
> >>>>>>>
> in random places. Checking Recent Changes tells me that nobody else is
> editing.

If you're getting the <<<<<<<< and >>>>>>> then that indicates an edit
conflict of some sort (which is normally displayed at the top of the
edit form).  This often happens if you do a save, and then use the
browser "back" button to return to the form (which has the timestamp
of the older edit in it).

> So how about a red report (something like (:editerrors:) in the
> EditForm), that gets filled by the function that does the rejecting?

This already exists -- it's (:messages:).