[pmwiki-users] Question to IncludeWikiPage . Conflict with name based v-hosts?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Aug 30 07:55:56 CDT 2005

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 11:10:01AM +0200, Patrick Ogay wrote:
> I tried IncludeWikiPage and it works so far  (without .htaccess)
> Now I try to give an particular authentication for another host.
> according http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_access.html
> as follows:
> 1)
> Order Deny,Allow
> Deny from all
> Allow from os-services.ch
> Allow from 213.203.201.35   #  IP-Adress according dnslookup
> Allow from 213.189.142.10   #  my ADSL-temp. Adress , I can access form
> my Browser:-)
>
> 2) Doesn't see to do that, too
> Deny from os-services.ch
>
> There seems to be problems with name based virtual hosts.

Deny/Allow in apache doesn't have anything to do with virtual hosts.
There must be something else going on here.

> Because the paths can be rather complicated, it would be nice to use
> intermap-shortcuts.

I've remarked that the IncludeWikiPage script ought to be
rewritten to use ?action=source instead of attempting to read the
files directly.  Then one can use PmWiki's access control mechanisms
instead of trying to make Apache do it.

Also, unless IncludeWikiPage is modified to use ?action=source,
the recipe *will* break when 2.0.0 is released, because the file naming
conventions for files in wiki.d/ are going to change slightly.