[pmwiki-users] Migrating a PM Wiki

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 30 14:25:37 CDT 2005

On 8/30/05, Ducret Stephen <stephen.ducret at epfl.ch> wrote:
> I'm actually trying to change the computer on which my website is
> lying, from a MacOS X Server running Apache, on a PC running Ubuntu,
> also with Apache. [...]  Is there any way to save a
> site and use it on another server ?

Here are commands for a way (not necessarily the only or the best way)
to move a site from one server to the other.

Save the original site (MacOS X has GNU tar, right?):

    tar -zcvf pmwiki-site.tar.gz pmwiki

Copy the tarball to the other server and restore the site.

    tar -zxvf ../pmwiki-site.tar.gz
    chmod 777 pmwiki/wiki.d
    chmod 666 `find pmwiki/wiki.d -type f`
    #  If your site has uploaded files...