[pmwiki-users] Re: ?action=dc (Dublin Core Metadata)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Dec 1 16:50:03 CST 2005

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 11:18:42AM +1300, John Rankin wrote:
> >I suspect I'm going to want some metadata related to when a page was last
> >modified, so that pmwiki-mode for emacs can check if the page
> >has changed.
> >
> >Right now the closest this is the 'date' property, right? It might be very
> >convenient if there was some property like:
> >
> >	last-modified:230002020
>
> I think the relevant dc element is 'modified' which refines the 'date'
> element. See http://www.dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/

So, would the format for this be...?

    <dcterms:modified>2005-12-01</dcterms:modified>

> For some sites, a 'rights' element, referring to a page with a
> copyright policy, may be required.

As one might expect, the output is very customizable.  At the moment,
a site administrator can add a simple dc:rights element to the output
with:

    $DublinCoreElements['dc:rights'] = 'Creative Commons License';

I'm still working out the syntax/data structure for specifying
attributes such as rdf:resource.