[pmwiki-users] Re: Problem with AuthUser

Dan Weber webmaster at drwhosting.net
Wed Dec 7 09:23:48 CST 2005

--- "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 08:54:58AM -0500, Dan Weber wrote:
> > I am using UserAuth at the moment because it provided me with a
> decent user
> > authentication option. However, I am encouraged by the changes
> being made to
> > AuthUser and like the group feature very much. The only thing I am
> missing
> > at the moment is a form based administration interface.
>
> Just to make sure I have a complete list -- what actions do you
> need to be able to perform via a form-based administration interface?
>
> Pm

Patrick,

1) The ability for a user to change his/her password
2) UserAuth also has a new user sign up capability which is nice but I
think this could be implemented with regular forms easy enough.
3) An admin form that shows all current users and groups (user groups,
not wiki groups) and allows the admin to assign group ownership to
individual users
4) When I bring up a page or group attribute page I would like to see
the currently assigned users and groups.
5) On the page or group attribute page also show the assigned passwords
in encrypted form. Currently the 2.0 release does not show assigned
passwords which makes it difficult to figure out if there are any
assigned or not and how many there are. I understand the plain
passwords can't be shown but if at least the encrypted passwords are
shown I can selectively delete the ones I no longer want (use the crypt
action to encrypt the password I want to delete and then compare the
crypted string)

Dan