[pmwiki-users] Images in another group

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 13:35:59 CST 2005

One consideration, in contemplating any change to how this works, would be
the implications of a change for secure attachments, per
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SecureAttachments.

I think that I always assumed (oops) that read-protection of a group
automatically extended to the group's uploads.  Now I'm trying to make sure
that I fully grasp how this option works, so that I can make my wikis
function the way I always thought they already did.

(BTW: could Secure Attachments (the version in which the special .htaccess
file is included in the uploads directory) be considered for the core
distribution?)

(And also btw: In any case, does the explanatory material in
Cookbook/SecureAttachments actually belong in the PmWiki wikigroup, since
there's really no recipe involved?)

To bring this post back around to the subject of this thread: am I right in
now understanding that even using the SecureAttachment procedure, there is
no mechanism for making the read-protection of a page extend to a file
that's uploaded to that page? That even though the point of this thread is
that /references/ to uploads are done via references to pages, not to
wikigroups, that's not the same as saying that the uploads themselves are
associated with specific pages?

Phew.  Thanks!