[pmwiki-users] Suggested default template changes for 2.1

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 7 18:27:43 CST 2005

On 12/7/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > The Light Skin uses
> >
> >   <link rel='stylesheet' href='$SkinDirUrl/light.css' type='text/css' />
> >   <!--HeaderText-->
> >   <link rel='stylesheet' href='$SkinDirUrl/light2.css' type='text/css' />
> >
> > I don't recall exactly why it was important to have both, but here's
> > light2.css, which provides some hints.
>
> With the above, an admin can override the light.css settings but
> cannot override settings in light2.css (which is overriding the
> PmWiki defaults in <!--HeaderText-->).

Exactly.  IIRC the only reason I inserted the non-overridable
selectors was to "brute force" them in.  What's a better way to change
those (.indent, .outdent, .diffbox, .diffadd code, .diffdel code,
.diffrestore, .difftype, .difftime .diffauthor, .diffrestore) without
using the second stylesheet?

> The original post is suggesting (I think) that pmwiki.css should
> somehow override an admin's settings, which doesn't make a whole lot
> of sense to me since pmwiki.css isn't intended to be modified
> (and there are better ways for an admin to override the
> <!--HeaderText--> settings).

Oh.  It doesn't make sense to have non-overridable css selectors in
the *default* skin.  :-)

Hagan