[pmwiki-users] New install - links generate errors

dan_mcclory at goodyear.com dan_mcclory at goodyear.com
Thu Dec 8 13:15:29 CST 2005

I'm afraid there's no URL available - this is an Intranet installation
behind a corporate firewall with no public access available.  The script
files appear to exist and in particular scripts/stdmarkup.php is there.
The contents (to a casual observer) appear to be reasonable PHP code.  So,
if the installation is corrupted, it isn't corrupted in an obvious way.

Could there be a permissions problem involved here?

"Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com>
12/08/2005 11:30 AM

dan_mcclory at goodyear.com
cc
pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com
Subject
Re: [pmwiki-users] New install - links generate errors

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 11:17:44AM -0500, dan_mcclory at goodyear.com wrote:
>    I recently downloaded and installed pmwiki-2.1.beta5 on a Solaris 9
server
>    running Apache 2.0.49 and PHP 5.0.3.  The installation appears to
have
>    worked (I can view the default PMwiki home page without problems) but
many
>    of the links generate PHP errors.  For instance, when I click on the
>    "Initial Setup Tasks" link, I get this error:
>
>    Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in

/opt/Lab/users/mtl/web/TechDocumentation/pmwiki-2.1.beta5/pmwiki.php(1023)
>    : regexp code on line 2
>    However, if I click on the PmWiki.DocumentationIndex link, everything
>    works as expected.
>
>    Roughly 70% of the links on the main page fail, including "Edit",
>    PmWiki.BasicEditing, and PmWiki.ReleaseNotes.
>
>    Any one have a suggestion?

Can you double-check that all of the script files were installed
on the server correctly... especially scripts/stdmarkup.php ?
This looks suspiciously like a corrupt installation.

Is there a url we could examine?