[pmwiki-users] Re: Standalone pmwiki??

Susan pmwiki at onebit.ca
Sat Dec 10 11:23:57 CST 2005

Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud <at> pobox.com> writes:

> Actually, I wasn't feeling like doing much else this weekend
> so I went ahead and implemented a "standalone system" for PmWiki,
> now available at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Standalone.
> It's primarily targeted at Microsoft Windows hosts at the moment,
> although with a minor configuration change it can run within Unix
> environments.

Very, very novice user here. I like the idea; I can play with the skins and such
without having to upload files to my main server all the time. (I modify things
in many tiny steps.)

But, I can't get it to work.

I installed the standalone server as described in
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Standalone  (the server.zip file), ran the
.bat file (and kept it running).

I then tried to run pmwiki.php in my browser (Firefox 1.5).

The browser shows me a bunch of what looks like code for a fraction of a second,
then says:

Firefox can't find the file at /C:/Documents and Settings/All
Users/Documents/data/_sandy/pmwiki-play/$pageurl.

Any ideas?

Susan