[pmwiki-users] Kind-of Blog, a blog for PmWiki

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Dec 11 09:46:21 CST 2005

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 03:19:45PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> Sunday, December 11, 2005, 2:14:28 PM, Patrick wrote:
> > PmWiki could store the page creation date as an attribute of a page,
> > and then (:pagelist:) could be used to sort by that.  We could also
> > create a directive that allows an author to set a page's date for
> > ordering purposes.
>
> I would welcome all of these!
> It will be useful not just for blogs.

I've added code to 2.1.beta15 so that all new pages receive a "ctime"
(created) attribute, and pages can be ordered on this.  I'm thinking
we'll have {$Created} (analogous to {$LastModified}) markup to display
the time of the page's creation.

Existing pages won't have a ctime attribute, since they've already
been created.

Coming up with a directive to allow an author to set a page date for
ordering and display purposes will require a bit more thought.