[pmwiki-users] Re: Useful default pages (was: Profiles.HomePage)

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 12 16:19:11 CST 2005

On 12/12/05, chr at home.se <chr at home.se> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Dec 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 11:54:15AM -0500, Bronwyn Boltwood wrote:
> > >    On 12/8/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > >
> > >      However, your question does prompt another idea, which is that perhaps
> > >      we should create a cookbook recipe and/or zip file containing pages
> > >      like Profiles.HomePage, Category.Category, and Category.GroupFooter
> > >      that an admin could quickly download and install to quickly enable
> > >      some of these useful features.
> > >
> > >    Yes, do!
> >
> > Can we get a list of these useful pages?
> >
> >     Profiles.HomePage    -- display a list of any entered profiles
>
> Why not 'Profiles.Profiles'?
>
> >     Category.Category    -- display the known categories on the site
> >     Category.GroupFooter -- display pages in the current category

I was tempted to post the same thing in the opposite direction.  That
is: Why not Category.HomePage?

I eventually switched from using $Group.$Group to $Group.HomePage.  By
using $Group.HomePage you can can exclude group home pages from
pagelists with ` -.HomePage', which I do frequently.  There are other
reasons I prefer $Group.HomePage, for example because the purpose of
the page is more self-evident from looking at the URL.

Nothing critical;  just another perspective...

Hagan