[pmwiki-users] Newbie - UTF-8

Jan Erik Moström lists at mostrom.pp.se
Tue Dec 13 09:15:40 CST 2005

Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> 2005-12-13 16:00:
> This probably doesn't make a difference for this problem, but calls
> to XLPage really should go near the top of the configuration file
> (and I should probably update sample-config.php to reflect this).

OK, I changed that

> I'm going to guess that your server's libraries are set to return
> strings in UTF-8 for the "sv_SE" locale, which is different from
> what other servers seem to use.  Out of curiosity, what OS are you
> running under?

Currently this is running on a OS X machine but when I've learned enough
about pmwiki I plan to move it to a debian based server. Both machines are
running Apache 1.x something.

> You might try the following -- after the XLPage(...) line,
> add a line like:
>
>     setlocale(LC_ALL, "sv_SE.ISO-8859-1");

Doesn't seem to help, I added the line an tried it but with the same result.
Other text on the page that I add through pmwiki is correctly displayed.

> and see if that fixes things.  If not, we'll need to do some
> investigation of the locale settings on your server.

OK, I've never played around with that part of Apache (or is this PHP
specific) so I don't know where to look.

                    jem
--
Jan Erik Moström, www.mostrom.pp.se