[pmwiki-users] Upload Enhancement for file deletion

sven saurwein saurwein at komit.at
Wed Dec 14 11:41:49 CST 2005

Dan Weber wrote:
> If you use the (:newattachlist:) directive in a wiki page it will show a
> list of files like the (:attachlist:) does but it also adds a <del> link
> that allows you to delete a file (with confirmation). If you a change the
> Site.UploadQuickReference page to use (:newattachlist:) then you get this
> new functionality for every upload page.

for usability reasons the *only* place u should put (:newattachlist:)
users will be quite irritated when put onto a normal wiki page, since
-after deleting- they will be presented the upload form or the login
prompt if they are upload restricted.

this would BTW solve the security issues mentioned in a post before.

> Comments welcome!
I - once again for usability reasons- suggest putting lines
65 ...('Are you sure you want to delete ' + name + '?')...
and
75  ...&lt;del&gt;...

also in the XLSDV

just implemented this and it works great!
something that I was missing so much.

thx
sven

-----