[pmwiki-users] Kind-of Blog 1.1 released

Ryan R. Varick rvarick at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 13:18:52 CST 2005

On 12/14/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 11:16:52AM -0500, Ryan R. Varick wrote:
> > It seems the flexibility is in the $FPLByGroup* variables.  Is see
> > that there is an array of page components (?) name $FPLByGroupOpt,
> > which allows you to select on things like 'title'.
> > What are these option arrays?  Where do they come from and how to I
> > "register" components within them?  If I understand things correctly,
> > I want to somehow tell PmWiki that the blogentry title = page title,
> > and, possibly, that it should know about entry timestamps and
>
> I need to know a little bit more about how KOB is currently
> structured -- how does it keep track of entries, are there multiple
> entries per PmWiki page or is each entry on its own page?  If the
> former, then pagelist probably *doesn't* do what you want.  If the
> latter, then pagelist is *definitely* what you want, and all of the details
> about entry timestamps and permalinks are immediately available
> via an FPL function or other approach.

Eh... both.  Right now, blog entries are stored in pages named by
date.  So an entry posted today would be stored in a wiki page named
20051214.  If, however, you post more than one entry per day, the
newer entries are prepended onto the current page.

A number of people have said they don't like this, so I may change it.
 Especially if it gains me so much flexibility by compatability with
pagelist.

The question is how to do it?  Do I append another number onto the
entry (20051214 becomes 2005121400, 2005121401, ...)?  Saving pages by
date already reduces the effectiveness of wiki links anyway, since
authors have to reference pages in a cryptic date format, I fear this
will make it that much worse.

Suggestions (re: Page storage, was Kind-of Blog 1.1 released?)

Ryan