[pmwiki-users] How to check for missing link targets?

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Wed Dec 14 17:58:59 CST 2005

Hi

As an aside, I'm using a separate file manager (called IPFM [1]) to let
the user's to manage files. To keep things simple, they have to refer to
uploaded files using the prefix 'uploads:' which simply maps to
	uploads: = http://wiki.lyx.org/uploads

So here is how it is used:

	uploads:/aFile.txt

Now to the question. I'd like the user to get some indication when the
target doesn't exist, similar to how Attach: works.

I can see two solutions:
* Some kind of special 'uploads:' directive
* A general mechanism for checking if an (possibly external) link target
  actually exists.

Any thoughts on this?   I might be ok to require some extra action
(perhaps action=validate-links) in order to show what targets don't exist.

/Christian

PS. Thinking about it some more, the case when you're using a separate
file manager probably do require that you override 'uploads:' with some
directive that checks if the attachement exists each time the page is
shown.